Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Winning SNG run comes to an end

Tuesday Night Summary

Poker Stars $5.50 SNG's
6 played
1 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd, 1 - 4th, 1 - 5th, 2 - 6th
(-$10.50)
(-31.8%) ROI

I had a nice little winning streak going with SNG's but my luck finally ran out tonight. Some bad play added to the lack of luck issue. I made one very large blunder to get knocked out 6th in one SNG when I failed to believe that the very aggressive big stacks river check raise meant anything significant. It did. Other than that, I just lost a couple races and got all-in with a short stack against dominating hands more than once, running my AK into AA, AQ into AK and AJs into AK. Given the relative stack sizes and blind levels, I was fine with all of my pushes for the most part.

I was pretty tired tonight so didn't push for any more than 6 tourneys and almost bailed before that. Time to recharge my batteries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

Sometimes you just make a mistake. Everybody does it.

Trust your instincts.

Most of the time my spider sense is right on but every so often I make a play and it just turned out to be dumb looking. What can ya do!

6:23 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Grinder,

When a big stack is pushing people all over the place, I am sometimes prone to thinking that the bigstack is pushing people all over the place with nothing.

In this case my instincts were dead on and dead wrong. I was convinced that based on preflop action the bigstack did not have an Ace and that my Ace with the super sized kicker of a 8 or so was the goods.

I was absolutely right that he didn't have an Ace. He flopped a straight instead. LOL. I deserved that beating!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home