Saturday, May 20, 2006

Milestones!

Alternate title: I want to birth Lee Jones' babies!

That was one helluva day of poker...or sorta not poker. Due to hitting Poker Stars milestone hand #4,995,500,000 my poker earnings reached a milestone I didn't expect to hit for quite some time. The $2,425 bonus plus another $63 won at BetFred $.50/$1.00 6-max while all the Poker Stars folding was going on pushed me through the $5,000 barrier. I wish more of it were from pure winnings rather than bonuses, but I'm pretty jazzed about the big bankroll boost anyway.

Check out all the milestone hand winners during the Poker Stars promo. Several tables and individual winners, including one of the final table winners, are 2+2 posters or lurkers. I would imagine a blogger or two got in on the action too but I haven't had a chance to do the rounds yet.

Major props to our entire group! The six of us who were together at the very end had stuck together for almost 11 hours straight to the end of the promo and had the process down to a science. Two of the group members had been at it all night long as one of them was part of the original group we formed at 10pm Friday night and another was my replacement at 2:30am. Another joined up with me this morning and the two others got picked up sometime during my 5 or 6 hour overnight nap. It turned out that we were a bit of an International crew with the Netherlands, Greece and Canada covered in addition to California, Texas and Rhode Island. This was by far the longest amount of time I have played poker with the same group and it was quite fun. I made $1 in folded blinds over the course of the day.

I owe Poker Stars some real play after all of this and plan to rattle off a pile of SNG's tomorrow if the weather is cooperatively poor. Quite some time ago I had laid out a plan of moving up to $11 SNG's once I had played at least 100 $5.50's and had grown my $200 deposit to $500. I will hold myself to the 100 played part of the plan but I highly doubt I'll have the patience to hold out for the full $300 in earnings. My results to date at the $5.50's are a pretty good indication that I have been running very very hot. Of course, the number of SNG's I have played is so low that I can not take anything from the results to date. That said, I do not anticipate having any major difficulties with $11 SNG's once I get there, despite my current (-18%) ROI at $11's. And if I do, well, I don't mind moving back to the baby SNG's anyway.

I hope to finish up the BetFred bonus sooner rather than later too. I covered a bit of ground in that regard today while I partially dug myself out of the hole. I am still down $44 and plan to be well above even by the time I finish up there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Congrats on the big score!

9:59 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Michael!

Thanks a lot!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home