Friday, May 19, 2006

Stars SNG's and Milestone Hands

Thursday Night Summary

Poker Stars $5 SNG's
5 played
1 - 1st, 1 - 3rd, 2 - 4th, 1 - 8th
(+$4)

There isn't much I can say about the SNG's last night. I won some, I lost some more but came out slightly ahead in the end. I got extremely unlucky at times and extremely lucky at others. I was getting run over by aggressive heads up play in but eventually overcame it with some luck to take the 1st. I would get whittled down and whittled down some more and then push all in and double up. This went on for a while. I couldn't tell during the downward runs if I was just up against better cards or not but when this guy had the chip lead he applied tons of pressure and was betting my stack on almost every flop it seemed. I was catching a whole lot of air so really couldn't call. I pushed back hard a couple times, sometimes with absolutely nothing with some success but really got lucky on a couple key all ins in the end.

I got unlucky on a couple of the bubbles and on the 3rd place finish, but that is poker and fortunately I have forgotten all the gory details now. The only other hand of the night I remember was pushing all in from the button with my AQs, getting called by 66 and watching a flop of 888, followed by a brick on the turn and another 8 on the river to give me the hand and send some poor soul packing. Standard stuff really.

I then lost $3.45 in blinds while folding around on a pile of tables as another milestone hand approached. I am certain it would be more +EV for me to sit at tables and raise just to steal blinds as everyone else folds but oh well. A quick $2k score would be much more fun than making a few bucks stealing blinds. Even the thought of a quick $2k score is more fun than stealing instead but in pure EV terms, I'm a sucker on this one.

Tonight, I expect I will play some more SNG's and then lose some blinds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home