Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Pile of SNGs

Monday Summary

Poker Stars $5.50 SNG's
20 played
4 - 1st, 1- 2nd, 3 - 3rd, 1 - 4th, 7 - 5th, 2 - 6th, 1 - 7th, 1 - 8th
+$20.50
18.6% ROI

I spent the final day of my long weekend just like the first two days of the weekend, playing a buttload of poker. I spent much of the day getting my arse handed to me but salvaged it with a hot streak towards the end which had me placing in the money four games in a row and taking down 1st place in three of them.

My no limit game still needs an awful lot of work. I know just enough to stumble through these SNG's with some success but find myself feeling like a fish out of water at times, even at the $5.50's. Fortunately, others are very willing to make some pretty significant mistakes in the early going. I would like to convert some of my bubble finishes to money but I am happy to be winning and have been pleased with my results so far. I will definitely need to do some learning before I go too much further though. I still have Harrington Volumes 1 and 2 I haven't cracked open yet and mean to get to those just as soon as I get through Theory of Poker, which I will do soon seeing as though I finally finished reading Small Stakes Hold 'Em for the second time.

More review and analysis of my play would help as well and I should probably do a little more reading and maybe even some posting over at 2+2.

Back to the office grind tomorrow. More sitting on my butt looking at a computer screen but with a significant boost in my hourly earning rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home