Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Strange Hand

Given the very low level of stakes I play at I have never been very concerned about collusion but I saw a hand that was so bizarre the other day it made me wonder. We were down to 3 remaining in a $5.50 SNG with blinds at 300/600 and a 25 ante. I folded the button with a stack of 9,000, the short stack was in the small blind and limped in leaving her with t22, the big blind with a stack of 4,000 or so checked. The flop came down TJ8 rainbow, the small blind bet her remaining 22 chips into the pot....and the big blind folded. I know that I have made some really stupid folds when I was getting odds to call but never in my life have I considered folding to a t22 bet for a pot of t1372. You could rip up and throw away both of your hole cards and make that call.

Now, given the very low level of stakes, I can't really seriously consider that there was any collusion going on but wow, that hand was crazy. That must have been a misclick. Please please let that have been a misclick. I know they happen as I make them fairly regularly. The last misclick I can recall was raising pocket Aces with blinds at 10/20 in the first level of a SNG. There was one limper and I wanted to raise 80 but hammered an extra 0 and smacked return right away for a pre flop raise of 40xBB. Smooth champ. Strangely enough, everyone folded. Then again, at the $5.50's I wouldn't have been all that surprised to get 4 callers either, it could have been a brilliant move.

It had to be a misclick! Or I had really really pissed off the big blind somehow. Or it was some strange metagame tactic. Whatever it was, I thought it was pretty hilarious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

What I have seen happen is the folder only see's BET and since he has nothing releases the hand without even looking at the size of the stack.

I have ALMOST done that in a ring game!

12:23 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Grinder,

I HAVE done similar in an SNG as everyone had folded to me in the SB and I folded it to the BB who was (sitting out). D'oh!

Thankfully it was level 1 or 2 and cost me next to nothing...other than table image, pride, etc, for the rest of the SNG.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home