Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Messing around with 50NL

I have been taking some small shots at 50NL this week with mixed results. In the first couple sessions I was up and down and up and down to end up finishing down a few bucks. Monday night I got beat up to the tune of just over $100, mainly due to playing against dream opponents who kept catching a weak piece of the flop and calling down and hitting 2nd pairs with junk on the river. I added to my own demise a bit by pushing a draw or two a bit too hard.

Last night I made those losses back and more, playing with the same type of opponents who would call every value bet I could toss out there. I had one particular player on my immediate left for a while both Monday and Tuesday nights who was a frustrating call station. Monday night I lost a good chunk to this person when I was ahead up until the river on several hands. Last night I stacked her twice within about 15 minutes after which she informed me how F*ing lucky I was, and abandoned the table. I took a fair amount of glee in this turn of events.

My withdrawal from PokerTime didn't make it to Neteller on time, so I have $50 stuck there to play around with.

I am nearing the end of my Paradise bonuses, with only about $40 left to clear now and will be heading back to Party for another $50 reload bonus first. The Party EFT limits automatically get jacked up after the first successful deposit, so now I have way more room than I ever expect to utilize there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good luck at $50nl.With the right table selection it's not much of a step up as far as skill levels go so I reckon you'll be fine.

4:31 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Thanks Acorn!

I haven't found 50NL to be all that much tougher than 25NL. Like most steps up, it seems to mainly be a case of getting acclimated to the higher dollar values being thrown around. That said, I'm down a couple buy-ins, but I'll chalk that up to variance for now in order to save my ego any pain.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Free Poker Money said...

bonus aus pokerstars
spiele online poker start lernen kostenlos
no deposit bankrolls
Start money for Polish, Croatian, Ukrainian, Belgian players
bardzo ciekawa strona z darmowymi premiami dla poker titan albo party
texas free poker gold
no deposit poker kostenlos bonus sans depot poker senza deposito sin deposito
Gratis dinero por holdem room to start building bankrolls.
free money for everyone who like to play a game
Zawsze odwiedzaj online poker online free to gra darmowa.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home