Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Messing around with 50NL

I have been taking some small shots at 50NL this week with mixed results. In the first couple sessions I was up and down and up and down to end up finishing down a few bucks. Monday night I got beat up to the tune of just over $100, mainly due to playing against dream opponents who kept catching a weak piece of the flop and calling down and hitting 2nd pairs with junk on the river. I added to my own demise a bit by pushing a draw or two a bit too hard.

Last night I made those losses back and more, playing with the same type of opponents who would call every value bet I could toss out there. I had one particular player on my immediate left for a while both Monday and Tuesday nights who was a frustrating call station. Monday night I lost a good chunk to this person when I was ahead up until the river on several hands. Last night I stacked her twice within about 15 minutes after which she informed me how F*ing lucky I was, and abandoned the table. I took a fair amount of glee in this turn of events.

My withdrawal from PokerTime didn't make it to Neteller on time, so I have $50 stuck there to play around with.

I am nearing the end of my Paradise bonuses, with only about $40 left to clear now and will be heading back to Party for another $50 reload bonus first. The Party EFT limits automatically get jacked up after the first successful deposit, so now I have way more room than I ever expect to utilize there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good luck at $50nl.With the right table selection it's not much of a step up as far as skill levels go so I reckon you'll be fine.

4:31 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Thanks Acorn!

I haven't found 50NL to be all that much tougher than 25NL. Like most steps up, it seems to mainly be a case of getting acclimated to the higher dollar values being thrown around. That said, I'm down a couple buy-ins, but I'll chalk that up to variance for now in order to save my ego any pain.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home