Monday, March 19, 2007

Two weeks at 25NL

After two full weeks at 25NL my initial trend of doing well at fullring tables and getting smoked at 6 max continues. Overall, I am up about $350 at 25NL, all from fullring play as I am down a buy-in or so at 6-max.

My former nemesis, Paradise, has accounted for $270 of the total upswing as I have been playing a fair amount there due to 3 weeks in a row of a 100% to a max of $100 bonus being offered to Canadian players. I am even doing okay at the short handed tables at Paradise, with $50 or so of the overall profit coming from 5-max play.

Party makes up the remainder of my 25NL profits over the last couple weeks, up 6 buy-ins at fullring and down 3 at 6-max.

I haven't bothered going through the hassle of importing hands to PokerTracker for play at Paradise and I do miss having a HUD when I play there but the softness of the games more than make up for it. Running hot seems to help a lot too.

I still have $200 of bonuses to clear at Paradise, so will likely be spending a good chunk of my time playing there while that clears. I expect that I will mix in some 6-max at Party as well to get my PT and PAHUD fix while I take more shots at sorting out the shorthanded games.

The issue I seem to be having with the shorthanded games is the increased aggression I face, which at 25NL really isn't that much. I find the fullring games a little easier to push people around and run over the table a bit more and I am fairly tilt-proof there while I find myself getting frustrated relatively quickly at 6-max. Whether fullring or short, I still find myself paying people off with 1 or 2 pair more often than I would like, and need to better identify which players I can take a stand against with an overpair or bottom two and those who I need to lay it down too.

I am having a blast learning no limit so far and the positive results to date only help that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Money won sure is a great motivator and positive reinforcer, isn't it?

Good job with the NL!

11:56 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Michael,

It sure is, thanks!

Of course, it is too early to really read anything into the results, but I am having fun. I definitely enjoy winning.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home