Monday, March 05, 2007

Heaters are Fun!

The current no-limit kick I'm on has been going quite well so far. I'm sure Captain Variance is lurking around out there somewhere but I'm having fun riding the good side of it for now. I am up a couple hundred at the $10NL tables, both 6-max and full ring, and have been running at just under 10ptbb/100 for the last few weeks.

I just completed a $100 reload bonus over at Party and was up a further $65 or so while clearing it, which helps pad the bankroll a little bit. All of my play at Party was spent at the $10NL tables and they were very kind to me.

Yesterday, I ventured over to Paradise as I have another $140 or so in bonuses waiting to be cleared. After playing the 5-max $10NL tables for a bit, I realized a couple things; the Paradise no-limit players are awful and there is no way I will be clearing those bonuses at the $10 tables.

So, I made the big leap up to the lofty $25 tables. I'm such a big boy now. I played one long session during which just about everything went right. I flopped a straight on my very first hand, turned a fullhouse which gave someone else a smaller fullhouse in another hand, was successful with c-bets more often than usual, and never really found myself in much trouble all day. It was a nice way to start at a higher limit and I closed off that session up $80 plus another $10 on bonus which was cleared along the way. I played a little more later in the evening and had pretty much the opposite experience. I was down about $30 or so when I decided I was making the next orbit my last. It turned out to be a good orbit and I ended up $15 or so, in addition to clearing another $10 of the bonus.

The limpers and call stations are out in full force at Paradise and it really stood by its name for me yesterday. Prior to this, Paradise held the record as my worst site. I am still down $100 there on play, but if yesterday was any representation as to the normal level of play at the no-limit tables, I do not expect it to hold that title for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home