Monday, March 12, 2007

Up and down with $25NL

I am riding a roller coaster as I settle into $25NL. Although I have only played a small number of hands so far, an early trend is developing: I am doing very well at full ring games and am getting crucified at the 6-max tables. Some of this is just due to short term variance, but for the most part I have been unhappy with my play at the short handed tables.

The full ring games are much tighter and far more boring but are seemingly better suited to my game, so I should probably focus on those tables for now. I do find the short handed tables much more fun however and will definitely continue to take little shots at them.

All in all, this current no limit kick is still going well and while I dropped several buy-ins at 6-max tables in the last week I have won several more overall.

After almost 18,000 hands in pokertracker at $10 and $25 NL, both full ring and 6-max, I am running at just under 7ptbb/100. This excludes play at Paradise which I figure is pretty close to that figure, maybe a bit lower.

4 Comments:

Blogger Klopzi said...

It takes a litle while to get used to the 6-max NL games. Once you get there, though, you'll never want to play full-ring again - guaranteed.

10:50 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Klopzi,

I smoked the 10NL 6-max tables but am getting stomped at 25NL 6-max so far. Both sample sizes are way too small to read much into though.

I hear ya on 6-max versus full ring though. I never went back when I made the switch in LHE and already find full ring way to slow and boring at NL.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I used to play full ring NL but made the switch to 6max and there is no way on Earth I could sit at a full ring game again! I feel like it restricts you to playing a very nitting game. When I play 6 max I like to run around 25/20/4 or 23/18/4 or there abouts and full ring I'm much more nitty! I've not tried playing my 6max values at a full ring table however, could make for a good experiment!

9:47 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Yorkshire,

This comment snuck by me. I am still switching between playing both FR and 6-max and feel the same way. I find myself playing much nittier at full ring, though even at 6-max I play much nittier than yourself - 20/15 at most, often closer to 18/13. The fullring tables can be painfully slow but I still find myself getting paid off better on them somehow. Taking some of that 6-max aggression to a fullring table is probably a good idea.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home