Sunday, June 04, 2006

BetFred Bonus Cleared

Saturday Night Summary

BetFred $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
4 hours played
single table
+$14

I finally finished the BetFred initial deposit bonus for $250, plus I picked up another $15 bonus for unknown reasons along the way. This turned out to be yet another deposit bonus which just turned out to be a pain. I have no idea why it took me so long but I realized this morning that I had signed up there in March. Well, I have a pretty good idea why it took me so long actually - I dreaded playing at BetFred for much of my stay there. For the most part, the players there are exactly what I am looking to play against. Lots of cold calls, lots of people willing to play with any two cards and lots of people willing to go to the river as long as they are holding two cards. While this is really an ideal situation, I still managed to get my butt handed to me for most of my play there. Frustrating.

The best I can figure is that I played approximately 6,000 hands of 6-max limit at BetFred and ended up with a loss of $37 for -0.6 BB/100. Not my greatest streak and I still can't figure out why clearing this bonus took so long. With the bonuses I am up a healthy $228 there but losing money on play really bothers me. This isn't the first time I have been slightly down after clearing a bonus at a site. I was down $25 at PokerNow after I cleared the $100 deposit bonus. After taking a break from that site for a few weeks I went back and ran the -$25 up to +$10 and then never went back again. While I know I'd be better off just moving on to another site and deposit bonus or back to the safe haven of Party Poker, I strongly suspect I'll find myself back at BetFred attempting to turn that loss on play into at least breakeven or a small profit.

Not exactly sure where I'll be taking the bulk of my limit play next. I really really wish I would have had the foresight to sign myself up for a rakeback deal at Party Poker. It is still my favourite site to play and the only place I tend to play with no bonus to work on. I suppose I could close my account for a while and then open up a new one with a rakeback deal but I'm leary to go that route. Then again, there are piles and piles of sites I haven't yet tried with all kinds of legitimate rakeback deals to work with, so maybe I'll just keep on looking. There are still lots of sites with easy initial deposit bonuses to clear that I haven't yet checked out as well. Perhaps I'll check out a few sites I haven't tried before.

In the meantime I'll probably knock off the rest of the Poker Stars bonus with some baby stake SNG's. Another $76 or so of profit on those and I will be making the big move to the huge $11's. Huge money.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home