Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May Kick Off

Tuesday Summary

BetFred $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
(-$29)

BetFred Omaha hi lo $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit
(-$20)

Party Poker $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
270 hands
+$42

Party Poker $1.00/$2.00 6-max Limit
150 hands
+$37

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 SNG's
2 games played
(-$11)
Finished 5th and 6th

I couldn't decide whether to play at Party, work off some of the BetFred bonus or start up somewhere new. After pondering this very important decision for far too long, I decided to deposit another $500 at Party and see if one of the recent reload bonuses would work for me. I knew they were supposed to be account specific reloads but a lot of people were getting them when depositing with the reload code. It looks like Party fixed the leak after a few days as there was no bonus waiting for me after the deposit.

I figured I would knock some hands off for the BetFred bonus at the same time, so I loaded up one table at each of BetFred and Party. Between the two tables I was staying pretty much even, up a bit at Party and down a bit at BetFred. Then I went on a huge rush down at BetFred and finally shut down that site after losing almost $30. I finished up about $10 at Party and took a big break.

I started up a couple other tables at Party later and went on a nice rush and decided to take a little shot at 1/2. I started out by dropping about $10 at the 1/2 table, got back to even and stayed there for a while before going on a great rush which left me up $37 overall. Taking shots at the next limit is great fun when it goes well.

To celebrate my 6-max limit success at Party I drifted over to Stars and dropped a couple SNG buy ins. I hadn't played a single SNG since late March, so I was looking forward to playing a couple of these. I forgot how boring SNG's can be and both of mine turned out to be fold-fests. I didn't get any cards worth playing and just slowly got blinded down. In each game, I pushed all my chips in with sketchy holdings in steal situations and got called with sketchy holdings that held up against me.

To celebrate my unsuccessful return to SNG's I rounded off the night with some pot limit Omaha. Pot limit Omaha is definitely not my best game, but it is a lot of fun. By this time, it was well past the time I should have been in bed, I was fully horizontal with the laptop on my chest, and I was playing with one eye closed. I somehow managed to lose $20 before falling asleep despite my heightened state of alertness.

So, May started off lousy at BetFred and great at Party. It was encouraging to have a good session of 1/2 to start the month and I hope for many more of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home