Friday, April 21, 2006

Blog Hungry, Blog Eat Posts

Thursday Night Summary

Party Poker $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
130 hands
+$57

Party Poker $1/$2 6-max Limit
190 hands
(-$50)

Either I am going crazy or blogger just ate a couple posts. For the sake of my mental well being, I'm going with the latter.

I rode the roller coaster up very quickly last night at .50/1.00 and then rode it into the ground at 1/2. I was up and down on the 1/2 table for quite a while and then went on an ugly run which left me down $50. It took me quite a while to get used to the amount of money when I moved up to .50/1 from .25/.50 and I expect it will take me longer to get used to 1/2. I will keep taking little shots at it from time to time and expect that I will eventually find that I am comfortable with the new limit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Wait till you get to 2/4. To those big money players, they might laugh, but 2/4 scares me. $60 losses are a mere 15BBs. Brutal. Good luck with the move up the ladder. Are you using any set structure to dictate when to move up?

6:21 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey HOP,

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

I haven't set anything in stone to dictate when to move up but have a couple loose guidelines I will try to stick to.

1) Have a bankroll of at least 300BBs for the next level
2) Play at least 10K hands at 2BB+/100 hands at a given level prior to moving up
3) Be comfortable with my play and the variance at the next level

#1 and #2 are taken care of for my move to 1/2. I'm still waiting on #3 to fall into place.

For #1, I am only considering my winnings from the prior limit and ignoring the portion of my bankroll which is made up of bonuses.

I'd be willing to loosen up on requirement #2 moreso than the other two.

I'm certain #3 will be the one that slows me down most.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home