Thursday, April 13, 2006

Reality Check

Dear FloppyJT,

You haven't even been playing 6-max for a month yet, punk. Quit being in such a rush to move up. Be patient, you have the rest of your life to figure out this whole poker thing. Stop being so results oriented too! This is a long-term game, so there is no point getting flustered with a losing streak of one, two or three nights in a row. Chill out!

If you want to improve, study more and play less.

More importantly, quit obsessing over poker and pay more attention to work.

And don't forget to wear sunscreen.

Your pal,

Reality

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Floppy. Do you keep a spreadsheet of each game, with the amount that you win and lose, along with a total. This helped me get over the short term results thing. I'd lose $80 one night and then go to the total and see that I was still up $300 for the yr, and even though 80 is a big chunk of 300, I was pleased.

3:38 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey highonpoker!

I am completely anal about my record keeping and keep track of every single table I sit at (on checkyourbets.com) as well as a spreadsheet for each different site, as well as poker tracker for those sites which are PT compatible. That is part of the problem in a way. But what you say is completely true and is what I look at to put things in perspective. My overall results are better than I really could have expected to date. I am way way up overall and can afford a few bad nights. The bad nights just jump out at me much moreso than the good nights is all, until I sit back and look at the overall results.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home