Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So Smrt

BetFred $0.50/$1.00, $1/$2, $2/$4 6-max Limit
+$38

After running poorly for a few days and coming home exhausted it seemed to be the logical time to try a higher limit. Makes perfect sense, right?

I had played a bit of $1/$2 full ring before but this was my first shot at 6-max. I got smacked in the face by the deck in the best way as soon as I sat down. In the first couple orbits or so I got dealt 88, 99, QQ, 77, JJ and every hand held up. The player to my immediate left challenged and bet hard against me on several of those hands and took the worst of it with the player to my immediate right a close second. After the first couple orbits I either got a walk on my big blind or had blinds folded to me for the rest of my stay on that table.

The table broke up after about 40 minutes leaving me up $35 overall. I had been up as much as $50 at some points. I couldn't find another $1/$2 table and I was obviously crushing this limit anyway, so I went in search of a $2/$4 table. Makes perfect sense, right?

Okay, I knew pretty soon after sitting down and watching my stack drop over $20 when my pocket Aces were cracked by a rivered set of Queens that I was a little out of my comfort zone at this limit. So, I did the very logical and tremendously smrt thing and stayed at the table in order to get my moneys back! In the end I did fight back and turned a profit of $20.

I do not anticipate going back to $2/$4 any time in the near future but it was a fun little visit. I was willing to drop $50 there after winning a bit at $1/$2 and was fortunate to come away with a small profit.

I expected much more aggression at the higher limits but did not encounter it at all. In fact, I don't remember having blinds folded to me and my pre-flop raises winning the blinds unchallenged as much as happened tonight. I imagine that I just ran into some strange tables and I did intentionally sit at tables with a couple really small stacks present.

After my little tour I settled back into a $0.50/$1.00 game where I watched the player two seats to my left raise and reraise at each opportunity preflop and follow up with a lot of aggression as well. 86o, T3o, 73s - all were worthy of capping before the flop and betting and raising with no matter the texture of the flop apparently. It was highly entertaining to see his hole cards after crazy rounds of betting. It didn't take long before everyone else at the table was tripping over each other trying to isolate this maniac. More often than not he was taking pots down with crazy suckouts or by eventually forcing everyone out of the pot. His stack was going up and down like a yo-yo but he walked away up at the end.

Somewhere along the way I dropped almost $20 during the maniac fest, made most of it back and then lost it again. $0.50/$1.00 is obviously rigged and I should clearly be playing higher limits where I get much better cards and players respect my raises. Har.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home