Wednesday, April 05, 2006

River Belle Bonus Cleared, $2k Earnings Reached

Tuesday Night Summary

River Belle $0.50/$1.00 6-max
490 hands played
+$10, 2BB/100
2 and 3 tabling

I am a menace when it comes to multi-tabling and I really should stick to two tables max for now. I couldn't stand the River Belle mini-view, so was using tables on normal size which creates huge overlap on my laptop and really kept me hopping with three tables open. I should have just closed one and stayed on two, but as my brilliant mind works I couldn't close the one I was down money on because I had to get back to even and I couldn't close the two I was up money on, because I was up on them. WTF!? Eventually I did cut back to two and continued to lose money on the table I was originally down on and continued to win money on the remaining table I was up on.

River Belle Pays Early?

After last night I expected to receive $100 in bonus and figured I would have to play another 150 or so raked hands to clear the remaining $25 Neteller bonus. However, the full $125 was in my account this morning. Nice surprise.

I did not like River Belle at first (probably because I dropped $50 the first couple nights) but it grew on me a bit. Enough so that I will chase down a couple more bonuses at other prima sites anyway. I doubt I will do much more play at River Belle though. The players were a bit tighter there compared to other sights but not by much. Every 6-max table I have tried anywhere so far seems to have its fair share of super loose players, so there is usually a good game to be found. River Belle seemed to have more passive players though. A couple nights ago I kept misclicking raises when I meant to fold. This happened at least 5 times and only cost me money once. In a couple cases I took the pot down immediately with the misclick and in a couple other cases I felt compelled to follow up the misbluff with another bet and took the pot down then. I am pretty sure the moral is not to misclick more often but there must be a message about aggressive play in there somewhere. I still need to ramp up my aggression. 6-max is helping but I still have a lot of room to improve.

$2k Milestone

The River Belle bonus pushed me past the $2,000 mark in total poker earnings. I hadn't really set out to make any certain amount of money playing poker, so this $2k came much quicker than I was expecting. I would be more excited if a larger portion of it were from winnings rather than bonus but it is a much better start than I was expecting for myself either way. I owe many thanks to citanul at 2+2 plus the many posters in the internet bonuses forum for turning me into a mini whore.

When I first starting playing online poker in November a $2k poker bankroll seemed huge and unattainable to me. Not that $2k is really all that much money, it just seemed like a lot to have aside for playing with on the internet. Reading about all these people making (and sometimes losing) crazy amounts of money with online poker makes my $2k earned look mighty puny. Still, I am looking forward to breaking $3k next and I'll move on from there.

For a great example of someone making a ridiculous amount of money, while trying to lose his virginity, check out CaptZEEbo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home