Tuesday, April 04, 2006

December - Found 2+2

In December I started trying some $10 SNG's as well. I did just as poorly on those as the $5 ones but as long as I was making money playing ring games and basically staying even, it didn't bother me.

I had increased my original $200 a little and took a little shot at $0.50/1.00 and promptly lost $70 which sent me scampering back to lower limits to rebuild my bankroll a bit.

Just before Christmas I stumbled across the twoplustwo publishing website when I was searching for poker book reviews. Given all the learning material available, I decided that I should focus on limit poker and actually learn to play a bit, so ended up ordering Getting Started in Hold 'em by Ed Miller and Small Stakes Hold 'em by Miller et al.

While waiting for those books to arrive and while on vacation between Christmas and New Years, I played a whole lot of poker and went on a bit of a nasty slide towards the end of December and played horribly in early January which left me right back at my starting amount of $200. I had received bonuses of $150 by that point, so I had essentially lost $150 on play but was still at my original deposit amount of $200. Not good, but probably a lot better than it could have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home