Saturday, April 08, 2006

Poker Night

Again we managed to lose someone on the very first hand of the very first game. Wow. There were only seven of us last night so first place was paying $100 and second was getting $40. The first game ended up getting chopped $80/$30/$30 leaving me up $10.

I got bounced out around fifth in the second game.

I didn't think there would be a third game for me as it was already past midnight and I have to work all day today but I decided to stick around for one more. By this point there were a couple of us who had far too much to drink. One such individual managed to get all in with his Ace-rag against another Ace-rag and lost his whole stack very early in the game. After cooling off outside for a bit he came back with a grand plan to have rebuys for the first player knocked out. No one actually cared much and we did let him buy back in. He busted out again a few hands later. Approximately six people laughed very very loudly for quite some time.

I was very short stacked with four left in the game and the other short stack was pushing constantly taking decent pots. Heads up against him I caught middle pair on a raggy flop and he pushed into me. I called and my little pair held up, giving me his stack and a guaranteed $20 as third place was getting their money back for this game. With three left I started getting very aggressive and kept taking smallish pots. I took out another player and then lost quickly headsup running into a couple huge hands.

+$10 for the night.
6.5 hours of fun.
Wicked hourly rate.
Watching my buddy lose $80 when the max anyone could lose on the night was $60 = priceless.
Fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home