Sunday, April 09, 2006

Procrastination Expert

Party $10+1 $20k guaranteed
1,237th/2,130
(-$11)

Party $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
(-$15.50)

BetFred $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
(-$11)

BetFred $0.10/$0.20 Pot Limit Omaha Hi Lo
+$6

I brought home a pile of work to do last night, so I figured I would play a no limit tourney first as I could maximize my procrastination time that way. I'm really not sure why I bothered with an $11 tourney as I am dead money and should keep my donations down to $3 or lower. I was doing okay for the most part, picking up some small pots here and there, staying tight and playing fairly aggressively when I did get involved in a pot. With big blind at T200 I open raised T600 from the button into the big stacks big blind holding pocket Tens. He had been very aggressive and had made several pushes so I was not surprised at all when he pushed his whole stack into me. I did not figure him to have a strong hand at all and called. He showed his K5o, which was even better for me than I expected to see, but he caught a K and I was done rather quickly.

Because I had not yet procrastinated quite enough time I played a bit of 6-max limit hold 'em and was having one of those nights where everything goes wrong. I kept getting rivered over and over and just did not have the patience to stick with it. When I am down to 10-15BB's I usually reload at least 15BB and re-evaluate whether the table I am at is worth sticking with or not. Rather than reload, I went elsewhere and ran into more of the same. I cut my session short and decided to get going on all that work.

But, before starting work I figured I would learn how to play Omaha Hi Lo. I had no clue what I was doing and had a complete blast. I was playing like a classic loose passive fish, which pretty much makes me a loose passive fish! I started to get the hang of it after a bit and had a great time with it.

I never did get around to doing that work.

Now I'm on my way to the office to take care of it. Right after I play a few minutes of Omaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home