Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spanked

BetFred $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
(-$26)

BetFred $1/$2 6-max Limit
(-$60)

BetFred PL O8
(-$8)

I continued my exploration into the world of $1/$2 6-max tonight and was welcomed with open arms by a table full of people who thoroughly enjoyed receiving my money. Nothing extraordinary happened really, just bad cards coupled with some bad play thrown in for good measure. The rare time I had a good hand it turned out to be second best. Standard bad night on the tables.

I am not sure how to deal with these butt kickings and as time goes on I imagine they just become easier to deal with. I was reasonably grumpy about the losses as they were happening but always seem to feel better after I stop playing. This whole writing (I use the term very loosely) thing is quite likely therapeutic as well.

I set a new record tonight for my biggest loss in the shortest period of time. I managed to lose over $100 in a session once before but it took me hours and hours while playing four tables. I managed to burn through $90 tonight in under an hour and a half on just two tables. Taking shots at the next level will do that from time to time I suppose. On the bright side, in terms of BB's, I didn't lose any more on the $1/$2 table than I did on my regular limit tonight. That is some bright side!

For a month or so I have been considering making the move up to the next limit but I will put that on hold for now. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on when exactly to move up. I have been fairly ( or very?) conservative I believe. Originally, I wanted to have at least 300 BB's of the next level before I move up. I'm not sure if that should be more seeing as though I am playing 6-max. I have been only considering my winnings and not factoring bonuses into the equation of what makes up my bankroll. Which leaves me quite over-rolled for my current level. Recently, I had been hovering around $600 in winnings which is about 300 BB's for the next level and I figured that if the 300 BB's rule should be higher for 6-max, I was covered by the extra bankroll from bonuses.

I guess for now I'll keep plugging away at $0.50/$1.00 and I'll take some little shots at $1/$2 now and then when I build back up to $600 in winnings. I'm really in no rush to move up...on most days.

I am still having a blast messing around with Omaha! Although, my results do not reflect it, I have been playing much better lately now that I have gotten over how pretty many 4-card starting hands look compared to their actual lack of strength.

Perhaps me and BetFred will make up tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home