Thursday, April 13, 2006

Party Time

Thanks to mention in a couple other blogs, I just noticed that I have a 20% to a max of $100 reload bonus offer at Party Poker. So, it looks like I'll be taking a break from BetFred and hopping back into Party for a little bit.

I am looking forward to playing with a HUD again. Funny enough, I don't really miss having PokerTracker and a HUD while playing at BetFred, or any other unsupported site, but I definitely prefer to have the use of those tools available to me. At Party I regularly forget to start auto-importing hands and have played at tables for quite some time before importing and having the HUD update. I have been surprised more than once at some of the stats I saw and how they compared to what my impression of those players was from observation alone. The lesson learned was that I am not as observant as I should be at times. No drastic differences really, but I have had cases where I thought someone was playing just under 1/2 of their hands and it turns out to be closer to 80%. Is that a drastic difference? Maybe. Either way, they are playing lots of crap.

At any rate, I am aware that I should be more observant when playing and that is one of the things I do like about PT plus a HUD. It allows me to be less observant yet still have that info readily available. Not that HUD info can truly replace good reads but it sure doesn't hurt. I used to be a much more diligent note-taker prior to using a HUD. I still do take notes, but not to the same extent.

Summary: Yay Party. I like HUDs but could live without. I should rely less on HUD info and get better reads. I'm lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home