Thursday, April 20, 2006

Speed Bump

Party Poker $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
400 hands
(-$46)

All good things come to an end and last night was the end of the line for my recent hot streak. Standard stuff for a bad night - flopping two pair and losing to a straight, pocket Kings running into a turned Ace to pair up, straights bumping into flushes and full houses running into bigger full houses. For a new twist, I lost most of those on the turn rather than the river. That was rather refreshing.

I was at work until 10, so I was playing tired which may have contributed but I actually feel like I played fairly well.

A constant frustration I seem to have at Party is tables constantly breaking up or going very short handed. Every table I sat at last night very quickly dropped to just 3 or 4 people. Often I will get up and find anoter 6-max table with one seat available, but last night I just stuck it out instead in most cases.

Tables breaking up quickly is what got me into 6-max in the first place. When I was playing full ring games, the tables would break up there too. I always felt that if I knew how to play short handed a bit better that I could have a huge advantage playing 6 or 7 handed at a full ring table. A lot of my winnings in full ring had been coming from those situations but I wasn't quite comfortable once it got very short handed. I ended up doing a lot of reading at 2+2 about short handed play to take advantage of full ring tables as they became short handed before I ever tried an actual short handed table. Now that I have been playing 6-max for a bit, I am hooked and not likely to return to full ring for some time.

The Party reload bonus of $100 is now cleared, and despite the losses last night, I won over $150 in the last week in addition the bonus, which is a very very good week for me. Thanks Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home