Saturday, April 15, 2006

Friday Night

Party $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
600 hands
+$40

Party $1/$2 6-max Limit
60 hands
+$26

Eat, sleep, work and poker seems to be the order of the day lately. I worked until almost 7 and then flaked on the couch and played poker for the entire night, working off some raked hands towards the reload bonus at Party. My girlfriend flaked on the chair and played Party SNG's and $1 tourneys for most of the night as well. We both had a good poker night.

Apparently I am still taking little shots at $1/$2 as I finished the night off by sitting in on a $1/$2 6-max game. I ran hot for much of the night and my big hands got paid off very well. I also took down a couple monster pots with strong hands that I thought may be beat. One hand which stands out had me sitting with a King high straight which made the 2nd nut straight. The river ended up being raised, re-raised and capped and I strongly suspected that I'd be shown an Ace high straight but was instead shown a pair of Three's and a Queen high straight. The guy with the pair of Three's had capped the river, which made it two bets to me. He had been a nutcase all night but I was worried about the other person in that hand who had been slightly less nutty all night. I can not figure out for the life of me why someone holding a pocket pair with 5 overcards including an obvious broadway straight on the board caps the river but hey, I'll take it.

I seemed to have one or two maniacs at each table I was at all night. I paid them off when they caught river miracles. I paid them off when they had me beat the whole way. And they paid me off huge when I caught big hands.

On a whole other note, you know you are far too accessible when clients reach you at your desk at 10am on a Saturday morning and ask if they can drop by in a few minutes. Dude, what the hell, I'm blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home