Monday, April 24, 2006

Where did the weekend go!?

I spent about 28 hours in the office this weekend which cut into my poker time a wee bit. Only one more weekend like that and then I should be in the clear for a while. Gotta love tax season.

I did get in a fair amount of play on Friday night on a variety of games. I bombed out somewhere around 1,000th/2,000+ in a $11, 20K guaranteed tourney on Party. I seem to recall saying I would stick to donating $3 at a time to no limit tourneys, but the timing worked out better on this one. I was up around $20 on 6-max limit, made a few bucks playing Omaha hi-lo and took a stab at one of the WSOP step SNG's for a loss of $5.

Getting home so late on both Saturday and Sunday nights and being completely wiped out translated to very little poker on those nights. I did play enough on Saturday to make me want to toss my laptop through the window though. I think I was a wee bit frustrated. I started out up $20 early on and then blew $50 of that away to end somewhere around $30 down. The number of hands I was winning until the river card came down was terribly high. For the most part, others just happened to be on good draws that came in for them with the very odd ugly bad beat thrown in. I have those nights where my draws come in too, so I can't complain too much but likely due to the lack of sleep and abundance of work, it was making me crazier than usual. I felt much better as soon as I closed the poker room.

I didn't get home until after 11pm on Sunday night and played a little bit of Omaha hi-lo while flaking out in front of the tv for a little bit. I was not getting good cards and did a lot of folding. I saw a few flops but missed them and I don't think I made it to showdown a single time. I finished down $10 or $15.

That brings me to a LOSS to date at BetFred of $60 or so. With the exception of Paradise, I do not have losses at any other poker sites and I hope to keep that trend going by pulling out of the hole on this one. I keep meaning to go back to Paradise to erase that loss also. That might make a nice May project.

I do not expect to get much poker in for the rest of the month, but when I do I will likely be chipping away at the BetFred bonus or enjoying a little Party 6-max.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home