Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Heads Up Recovery

Wednesday Night Summary

BetFred $0.50/$1.00 6-max Limit
1.5 hours of play on a single table
+$13

That is right, I won money at BetFred tonight! I don't know what sort of funk had befallen me at BetFred in the recent past but I managed to shake a little of it off tonight and posted a positive session there for a refreshing change. If it weren't for the last 10 minutes of play, I would have been posting a small loss. The table cleared out quickly towards the end leaving just four of us, which turned into three and then heads up before I knew it. I almost got up and left but the remaining player was down to his last $10 or so and for some reason I felt like I could do well against him based on our previous play. A combination of aggression coupled with good enough cards when we did go to show down gave me the rest of his stack fairly quickly. It is rare that I feel like I'm in control of a table and even more rare that I feel in control of a heads up situation, so this turned out to be fun. I raised almost every time I had the button and continuation bets on the flop took down most pots. The few times he picked to take a stand were just unlucky timing on his part as I had the goods. Fun!

I am still down $70 at BetFred and I'm not sure whether that place has gotten in my head but I didn't even think about playing more than one table tonight. I am still wiped out, so it is probably just as well I didn't bother trying to multi-table at all. At this rate, clearing this bonus will take another month or more. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home