Friday, November 24, 2006

Title Intentionally Left Blank

After losing a couple hundred at $2/$4, it seems as though I may have settled into a comfort zone at $1/$2 6-max limit. Much to my surprise, I had never really worked my way up to that limit previously. I got curious the other night and wandered back through my blog and realized that I had only taken shots at $1/$2 back when I was playing more regularly and had quickly scampered back down to lower limits. In order to progress to $2/$4, I suppose I will have to take a few months off then lose a pile at $3/$6 before dropping back down to $2/$4. Alternatively, I could learn to play poker I suppose and just improve my game and move up like semi-normal people do.

Somewhere along the way in the last couple weeks I knocked off a bunch of Poker Stars VPP points and will hit the silver star level very shortly. This of course makes me wonder how easy or difficult it would be to get to the gold level but I have really been enjoying NOT grinding a pile of hands for bonus reasons, so I will try not to ponder that question too much and just enjoy being a silver star for now.

I was the victim of a pile of bad beats the other night! Really bad beats! Oh, the horror. Last night I inflicted a number of bad beats on others. Oh, the horror. I know which I enjoyed more but I have to wonder which night I was playing better (of course this is a moot point as I was clearly playing perfect poker both nights).

4 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Hey, Floppy.

When you make Silver, multiply the number of hands it took to get there by 2.5 to give you a sense what it would take to get to Gold. It will take quite a bit of hands to get there unless you move up to higher limits.

6:05 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Michael,

Yeah, I do not forsee Gold happening for me in the near future. Silver kind of snuck up on me as a nice surprise but Gold sounds like it would take some work.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Klopzi said...

Hey Floppy -

Thanks for those 2+2 links. Great stuff!

Maybe I'll see you around the $1/$2 tables.

Ok, gotta go read...

2:27 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

No problem at all! Hope you find some good stuff in there.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home