Thursday, July 13, 2006

Win some, lose some

I ventured back to play some 6-max limit at Party last night in order to keep working on clearing the reload bonus. Due to the recent beatings I have been taking, I decided to slide back down to the $0.50/$1.00 tables until I pop through the other side of the variance wall and I am quite happy to stay there as long as I need to. I have the bankroll for roughly a bazillion big bets at that limit and a even an awful night at $0.50/$1.00 will not beat my psyche into the ground too badly anymore.

The first table I started out on brought me good cards and great pots, making for a nice fast start but that table cleared out quickly. The next couple tables I sat at were nothing special and I ended up roughly break even, up a couple bucks. Tables kept breaking forcing me to move on. I was blessed with nice opponents at most tables with many extremely loose players and not too many aggressive players, however, I managed to run a couple of my big hands into monster hands getting QQ and KK cracked a couple times each, plus some other blunders. In the end, I was down somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 by the end of the night. D'oh!

But none of that matters, because I played some more hi/lo stud later and had a blast again. I moved all the way up to the big $0.10/$0.20 tables towards the end of the night after tripling my massive $2 buy in on a $0.04/$0.08 table. The level of competition at $0.10/$0.20 was fierce and I didn't have the same huge edge I was enjoying at the lower limit but I managed to break even. Does deadpan humor translate well to the written word? I suspect not, but I crack me up anyway and that is pretty much all that matters.

Summary:
Lost $30 at hold'em.
Won $4 at stud.
Threw my arms in the air and declared myself stud champion.
Threw my girlfriends legs in the air and had her declare me stud champion too.
Some facts have been altered slightly. For example, I think she threw my legs in the air and declared me stud champion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

LOL, floppy...

11:56 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Michael!

I was glad to hear you had a good time in Vegas and very glad to hear your wife is doing well!

Hopefully next year you get to take an event in again.

Cheers!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Hey, floppy. Thanks for the comments.

I will most likely take in another event next year. I have some thoughts on what direction to go on that and I'll mention them in my blog shortly.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home