Thursday, June 29, 2006

Popping my Mookie Cherry

After running Empire's free $15 into the ground when my fullhouse bumped into quads and a flopped two pair ran into...I don't remember what, but it was bigger than two pair, I headed over to donate $10 to the Mookie. I haven't hopped into any of the blogger tourneys before because I am a total tourney donk who rarely plays no limit. Maybe not quite true as I do play NL SNG's at times but anything more than 1 table usually just spells donation for me. Plus these things are at outrageously high buy-ins of $10!! Holy crap, how can they afford that every week!?

It turned out to be a nice break from losing piles of money at 6-max limit, despite a reasonably poor showing, making my exit in 21st out of the 55 entrants. In my final hand there was a 5xBB raise from WLD in early position. As he hesitated 2.4 seconds before betting and put out such a large raise, I was certain he was playing 72o because the 2.4 second pause is a total online tell that I can count on every time. So, I pushed all in with my QQ, which didn't quite double the bet, only to cringe when CC (or his bot) pushed his monster stack with what turned out to be AK and WLD called his remaining stack with 72. The flop brought an A and a K, the turn filled the boat and the fat lady started wailing. I have much to learn about no limit and how to properly play the crazy hammer.

My huge pile of chips (which amounted to 1 round of blinds by the final two) certainly helped push CC to a second place finish. I expect to see my $1.74 cut show up in my Poker Stars account any minute now.

Anyway, it was much fun and a very refreshing change of pace. I'll have to make a point of donating again sometime in the near future.

Afterwards I limped back to Party and played a little $0.50/$1.00 6 max before bed, starting out my next heater with a big win of $3.

There is another donation opportunity tonight as the DADI 7 runs at 9 on Poker Stars, but I doubt I will be home on time as there is a send off tonight for someone from the office.

I hate html and will never post links again.

5 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

"...it turned out to be a nice break..."

I agree, and I think we need that. Enjoyed it bunches.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing last night, hope you had a good time.

2:06 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Heyas,

It was indeed a nice break and very enjoyable.

Thanks for putting it on, Mookie.

I keep seeing Mookies, DADI's, MATH's, etc, mentioned all over the place and finally dragged myself out to one. I am glad I did and I imagine that you'll see me out again.

Keep churning out those great updates and stay away from those 4 pound hotdogs cc!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Klopzi said...

Hey floppy -

Got you linked up, as promised.

Thanks for the advice.

I may see you in the Mookie sometime: I'm still waiting for the right moment to sit down and play one.

1:39 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Klopzi,

Thanks for the link and good luck with the 6-max challenge!

There is really no right moment for me to sit down in a MTT but it happened anyway. Hope to see you around!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home