Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dream Tables

Despite having dream tables all night, I still managed to lose $46 or so at Party $1/$2 6-max. I had position on loose passive players for much of the night. In typical fashion, they were playing all kinds of junk hands and hitting all over the place. This was only a minor factor in the loss as the bulk of it was really due to poor decisions on my part. In my experience, a turn check-raise from a passive player often means they have something worthwhile as opposed to them trying to bluff me off my hand. Well experience be damned, I just wasn't going to be pushed around tonight. Brilliant plan. Please take more of my money. Thank you, come again.

Of course, there were the standard bad beats included in there and I was card dead for much of the night, but in the end, I could have lost much less with better play. A shorter session would have helped too.

On the bright side I have a lot of new buddies on my list. Mind you, I am probably on theirs now too. D'oh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

"standard bad beats"

excellent choice of words.

EVERYBODY gets bad beats. I get tired of people talkign about them. It's is a rare night when I don't get a few.

9:45 AM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Heya grinder,

I get tired of talking about them myself. I'd much rather read about others really.

And frankly, if we aren't getting hit with bad beats, we either aren't playing properly or are playing with good players. So in a bizarre way, they are a good thing, aren't they? They do tend to suck at the time of course.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home