Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Small Party Session

Tuesday Night Summary

Party Poker $1/$2 6-max Limit
97 hands, single tabling
+$31

I was running around last night, getting ready for a golf trip this weekend which didn't leave me much time for poker. I did get a bit of play in just before heading to bed though. For the first time ever, I actually used my Buddy List. There was only one guy playing who was on my list and I had played with him quite recently. Funny enough, when I joined the waiting list for his table I also recognized a solid player who I had played with at the same time as this buddy before. So, it looks like I'm not the only one following him around. After a bit of a wait I got a great seat that put my buddy two seats to my right.

This guy was generally very loose pre-flop and pretty passive post-flop. At one point it was four handed and I raised under the gun with KJo, the solid player on the button 3-bet, my buddy called from the small blind and the big blind folded. The flop came 3K3 rainbow and my buddy bet out, I raised, the button folded and my buddy called. The turn brough a ten to complete the rainbow and again my buddy bet out, I raised him and he re-raised, which put me into call down mode as for this guy to show aggression could mean I was beat but he played such awful cards there was no way I was not seeing a show down with such a large pot. An ace came on the river, my buddy bet out and I called expecting to be shown a 63o or maybe A3o. The pot shipped my way and he showed 92o. I don't understand his play on any street but the end result sure made for a nice hand for me. He left the table after the next hand. The solid player I also recognized left as soon as my buddy left. I think I am going to have to do this buddy list thing more often.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I love me some donkey hunting too. He was obviously and foolishly thinking that you were on a steal. That's the type of player I pray for.

12:13 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey high,

I hear ya. In no time at all this guy has become my largest contributor. Funny enough I lost a lot more pots to him than I won but when I won the pots were huge. Maybe that isn't so funny after all.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home