Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tourney Donk

I wrote a huge boring post about a $4, 180 person tourney I played last night and then managed to somehow close IE before posting. That is kind of how the tourney went too!

I built up a nice stack and hovered around 2nd to 5th just as the last person bubbled. I had a huge brain fart and got involved with a hand I shouldn't have been in which ended up costing me 2/3 of my stack. I got chewed on by blinds for an orbit or two and had to push any two from the big blind where I caught AK but got outdrawn by 92s when a 2 came on the river. The SB was a huge stack so my 3xBB push wasn't looking all that intimidating and my pushing range was any two cards, so I wasn't terribly surprised with the call and I got knocked out in 10th, one person away from the final table.

I was left with mixed emotions after the tourney as I actually made it much further than I had expected to, which was nice. Going from a good sized stack to short stacked on such a stupid play so late in the game was a little distressing however and the overall emotion I was left with was frustration and anger at myself. Hopefully I learned something along the way. The frustration is long gone and I am just glad to know that I can make it somewhat deep in a baby tourney. Next time I play a speculative hand and tell myself to hit the flop big or get out, I'll get out when I don't hit it big. Maybe.

Along the way I cleared the Ladbrokes $100+$50+$50 bonus while losing $25 on play there. That site could use some more traffic but otherwise it was okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Littleacornman said...

I hate when blogger or my pc eats my posts!There is a "recover post" option that sometimes works.

3:07 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey littleacorn,

This one was definitely user error, though I have had blogger eat them also. I'll have to look into the recover post option as between me and blogger this happens all too often.

Cheers!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home