Monday, June 19, 2006

Poker Stars

I deposited $600 at Stars in order to take advantage of their $120 reload bonus. At the limits I play there, I expect this bonus will take me quite some time as I need something like 280 SNG's to clear it.

I played a few SNG's, a $3 tourney and a $4, 180 person tourney last night. In the SNG's I finished 5th, 4th and 3rd to continue my craptastic June showing with SNG's. I have hardly played any though, so no big deal either way. In the $4 tourney I got knocked out on the first hand I got involved with when my KK turned a set and I had one person come along for the ride on a flush draw which hit on the river. In the $3 tourney I made my tourney fee back plus a whopping additional $1 per hour when I finished 161st out of the 1,500 or so.

Today feels like a real Monday as I am feeling the cumulative affect of the prior three days of golf and partying. I golfed like crap, breaking ninety on only one of the three rounds. Ironically, I played my best golf with my worst hangover. We had a great time though and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

Good luck with the bonus whoring. I tend to lose whatever the bonus is, so I'm pulling for you!

7:26 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey cc,

Thanks! I have only done one other Stars bonus and it took me about three months. It would have taken much longer but they had some double points thing going on in there somewhere. The no time limit bonuses seem to be okay for me, it is the very short time limit ones that cause me to implode.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home