Friday, June 23, 2006

Shots

The office crew was out for some drinks and munchies, then off to a triple A baseball game for drinks and more munchies, then off to my place for more drinks. Everyone cleared out before midnight and I was left with some time on my hands while I waited for my girlfriend to crawl in from a night out with the girls. I suppose that going to bed at a decent hour should have been an option as well but that only seems like an attractive option the next morning for some reason. I wanted to play a tourney but I couldn't commit to much more than an hour of play, so I settled for my usual 6-max limit at Party.

I was not roaring drunk but I certainly wasn't sober either, and I figured I should just stick to one table of $0.50/$1 so that I couldn't do too much damage to myself. I posted in the big blind and started out right away with great cards getting dealt AQo and catching an Ace and Queen on the flop. It was looking like a great start until the one player who stuck around after the flop caught runner-runner with his 75o to make a straight. Cool trick! I chuckled and carried on and eventually posted a small win on that table. At some point I broke both of my rules and opened a second table of $1/$2. Fortunately, I got smacked in the face with the deck on that table and finished up $56 in half an hour or so before trading that table in for another $0.50/$1 table to tinker around on for another half hour with a small win, for a total of +$67 on the night.

My girlfriend arrived home as I was watching one of my "buddies" play on a $5/$10 table. I figure that timing may have saved me a few hundred dollars as I was really tempted to sit in. By "really tempted" I actually mean that I very briefly considered plunking down a few hundred dollars on that table for a shot before very quickly dismissing the idea as incredibly stupid. It may be time for a 15 or 20x BB challenge though. The last time I tried this I think I did it with 15 BB's, starting with $7.50 at my regular limit of 0.25/0.50 and moving up when I had 15 BB's for the next limit. I didn't make it far, maybe only to $1/$2, but was fun and a pretty low risk way to take a shot at some higher limits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home