Monday, June 26, 2006

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I played three sessions at $1/$2 yesterday and ended up with a little bit of everything.

In the first session I was up $69 over the course of 304 hands. In the second session I was down $117 over the course of 382 hands. In the final session I played 653 hands, went up $50 early and then fizzled back down to even to end the day at a loss of $48.

I put on a clinic on how to check the river when ahead and put money in when behind, it was uncanny. One of the weaknesses of my game that I complain about is my mental fortitude in handling losses, so I was quite pleased to get some additional practice in this department. I need every bit of experience I can get and can't wait to lose again!

My foray into $1/$2 is going very well despite the losses over the weekend. Previously I was on a bit of a hot streak and unfortunately those come to an end eventually. I hope to start a new heater tonight.

Do you ever feel like a certain night is your lucky night and on others you just can't win? For me, Friday night always feels like a great night to play and I seem to get destroyed on Thurday nights. Well, I was messing around with check your bets and came across this interesting tidbit...

Win/(Loss) by day of the week:
Sunday $147
Monday $392
Tuesday $282
Wednesday (-$186)
Thursday (-$103)
Friday $200
Saturday $465

Apparently Saturday is my big day and Wednesdays are beating the crap out of me. Thursdays are doing a decent job of smacking me around too. If I only played on Saturdays and Mondays I would be a zillionaire, no doubt.

So, thank goodness it is Monday, my second best poker day of the week. Ship it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home