Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ugh

Strange day of poker for me today. It started out fairly well with a good showing in a 180 man $4 tourney on Stars. I cruised to the final two tables and then self destructed, finishing 11th rather than my regular 10th. This marks the third time in the last couple weeks I have bubbled just before the final table in that tourney. I'm not stealing enough around the bubble and am going in with a weak stack. Cards would help, but I'll have to open it up a bit without them too.

Then I hopped into a $6 Limit tourney at Party which had 869 entrants. Up until the final 120 or so, I had double the average stack when I hit two bad hands in a row then went card dead. I managed to steal some blinds here and there to stay alive but was no threat to anyone the rest of the way. I managed to finish 45th to win four times my buy in. Things went downhill from here.

A little later I decided to try some short handed $25-max no limit cash games at Paradise, at which time I promptly gave away $40. I was a pretty good set magnet, letting my opponent catch one anytime I had an overpair or two pair. My no limit cash game needs lots of work!

To work off a little bit of the Paradise reload bonus I fired up a 5-max $1/$2 table and proceeded to get rivered to death, repeatedly. Great in the long term, crap in the short term.

While I was getting destroyed at $1/$2, I played in the Mookie for a few minutes before making a very hasty exit and getting back to being clobbered for larger sums at Paradise. I ran JJ into KK and 99 into a flopped top pair Ten, getting my chips in both times with a pretty good idea that it wasn't at all a very good idea. I love it when my gut reaction is right and I ignore it!

UGH! I just lost another big pot when a 74o chased a gutshot down. Down over $100 and counting at Paradise tonight. This site is loose and soft and is rocking me hard.

July is off to a very rocky start. The turnaround upswing will be sweet when it gets here. If it gets here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back out to another Mookie. Thanks for playing.

3:14 PM  
Blogger FloppyJT said...

Hey Mookie,

Thanks for running these! Lots of fun!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home